Another beautiful day in PA. Lately. the weather has been more like September than July. I can live with that. I love the fall. And I hope this day finds you excited about sharing your story via the written word. But you know, that doesn’t always happen. Sometimes procrastination gets in the way. I know some of you never experience that, right? Here are some quotes that will hopefully get you moving on this Wednesday. Enjoy!
- “Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday”― Don Marquis
- “Procrastinate now, don’t put it off.”― Ellen DeGeneres
- “My mother always told me I wouldn’t amount to anything because I procrastinate. I said, ‘Just wait.”― Judy Tenuta
- “Someday is not a day of the week.”― Janet Dailey
- “My advice is, never do to-morrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time. Collar him!”― CharlesDickens
- “You may delay, but time will not.” ― Benjamin Franklin
- “The thing all writers do best is find ways to avoid writing.”― Alan Dean Foster
- “The scholar’s greatest weakness: calling procrastination research.”― Stephen King
- “Stop aspiring and start writing. If you’re writing, you’re a writer. Write like you’re a . . . death row inmate and the governor is out of the country and there’s no chance for a pardon. Write like you’re clinging to the edge of a cliff, white knuckles, on your last breath, and you’ve got just one last thing to say, like you’re a bird flying over us and you can see everything . . . ” ― Alan W. Watts
- “If you want to be a writer-stop talking about it and sit down and write!” ― Jackie Collins
- “Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten. Then when you hit puberty they take the crayons away and replace them with dry, uninspiring books on algebra, history, etc. Being suddenly hit years later with the ‘creative bug’ is just a wee voice telling you, ‘I’d like my crayons back, please.” ― Hugh MacLeod
Okay. So grab your box of crayons, and while you’re coloring, think about your next story line. That’s it for another week. See you soon.